*The policy was last updated on 01 May 2019
- it is necessary to share information as required by law, or
1. The way we gather and use informationIn order to use the Services, you will need a Twitter account and be required to authorize Twilert Staging to use your Twitter account. Twilert will not have access to your Twitter password, nor will it be able to post on your behalf or access your direct messages. You are free to revoke Twilert’s access at any time from the Applications tab of your Settings page on Twitter.com If you decide to take up one of our subscription packages, we will then ask you for your name and billing details, along with your credit card. We do not store these details and use a third party trusted payment handler based in the USA called Recurly. Recurly meets and exceeds all industry-standard payment security practices. You can read more about their security set up here https://recurly.com/security
2. Security of personal informationWe have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Only authorised persons are provided access to personally identifiable information we have collected, and such individuals have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of this information. Although we use appropriate security measures once we have received your personal data, the transmission of data over the internet (including by e-mail) is never completely secure. We endeavour to protect personal data, but we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to or by us.
3. Sharing personal informationWe may transfer, share or disclose the personal data we collect from you to third parties (other organizations or individuals) for:
- The purposes for which the information has been submitted
- The purposes listed above under ‘The way we gather and use personal information’
- The administration and maintenance of our website and/or
- Other internal or administrative purposes
Other disclosuresWe may also disclose personal information to third parties under the following circumstances:
- When explicitly requested by you
- When required to deliver goods or services requested by you
- When required to facilitate our conferences or events that you have asked to attend which are hosted by a third party
|Name of supplier
|Internal team messaging * Support system
|Database management and email tool
|Amazon Web Services
|Hosting of content
|Collects payments (PCI Compliant)
|Email, advertising, G-Suite integration and document storage
|Social media direct messaging
4. Retention of personal informationWe will retain your personal information only for as long as we need it, given the purposes for which it was collected, or as required to do so by law. Normally, this means we will retain your personal information for five years. In the case that you request the complete deletion of data, we will commit to deleting any associated data with your account within 30 business days.
5. MarketingWhere we are legally required to obtain your consent to provide you with marketing materials, we will only provide you with such marketing materials if you have provided consent for us to do so. If you opt into any subscriptions you will receive emails known as newsletters. If you want to unsubscribe from any subscriptions, you should look for and follow the instructions we will provide in the relevant communications to you. If you choose to unsubscribe from any or all mailings, we may retain information sufficient to identify you so that we can honour your request.
6. Rights in relation to your informationYou have certain rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you. In particular, you have the right to: Request a copy of the personal information we hold about you;
- Ask that we update the personal information we hold about you, or correct such personal information that you think is incorrect or incomplete;
- Ask that we delete personal information that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use such personal information;
- Object to our processing of your personal information; and/or
- Withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information (to the extent such processing is based on consent and consent is the only permissible basis for processing).